Big Daves Blog Headline Animator

Monday, March 10, 2008

Quit smoking

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 33 years. My kids were telling me to quit and both of them had stopped smoking months b4. I would use the excuse you guys haven't smoked for 33 years and its so hard. I really wanted to quit and tried several times with no luck. Every night i would go to bed and say ok tomorrow I'm not gonna smoke and the 1st thing i did when i work up was light a smoke. One day i got a script for chantix and it was so easy. i haven't had a smoke in 54 days now with no cravings and feeling great. I did the chantix for one month and towards the end i was having trouble sleeping and some real weird vivid dreams but to not smoke it was worth it. i have been off the chantix now for like 24 days. I can smell and taste again and my lungs feel better.
Next is to start exercising and eating better but one thing at a time.
Big Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that you would be able to do it! We're all proud of you dad!

-SP

Angela Apple said...

That's AWESOME!!

I am so happy to hear that. Good for you and for your children.

I know how hard it is to quit... but it's SO worth it!

Oh yeah, welcome to the blogosphere, Dave. We're glad you could join us.

Ange

Anonymous said...

NICE JOB SECURITY! KEEP IT UP!

--Gabe